As being defined as a sexual behavior that is characterized by the practice of a casual sex frequently with different partners, promiscuity has crossed my mind and tried to refer the said act within the local setting. With a place like Cebu City, the idea of a multiple sexual encounters has been considered as a taboo and can exceedingly cause tons of societal sanctions. So, how many is too many for a third world city?


Like a numbers game, the westerners have a complete thought about promiscuity and how they are gauging it according to the quantity of encounters an individual has performed. Due to some social constraints, it has been unclear among the locals on how to measure promiscuity based on the norms or set of expectations the city could offer. Furthermore, as I was trying to ask some of my contacts on how they see this issue, it has come to a point that the locality is turning promiscuity into the actual act of sexual intercourse (particularly the pre-marital sex). Yet, each of the person I ask could not give a definite number on which they think can be embodied someone as promiscuous. 


As I struggle myself to clear the waters, I tried to reach out and ask an expert’s point of view with this one, and I have asked a psychologist, named Tara, with the said issue. It was then that I was able to comprehend that promiscuity within Cebu City can only be categorized by as simple as trying to ask yourself if it is too much or not. Therefore, promiscuity is indeed a subjective matter that is being clutched by what we find of what is normal and what is beyond that. So I asked Tara, “So if a person should judge you as someone promiscuous, then it is definitely a hypocritical bullshit?”. Tara laughed and said, “Definitely, you know yourself better than the rest of the crowd.”

The turmoil within my mind was pacified and put in order as I was able to conclude that the degree of how a person could gauge promiscuity is equally proportional to how liberated a person is. Unfortunately for Cebu City, there’s a fine line between liberation and societal sanctions. Then, I tried to remind myself of why I am making this blog – to raise public knowledge and giving liberation to the Queen City of the South.